Imgur Game Development
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imgur Pacman

+4
Kofthefens
Bobrocket
rcmaehl
konman96
8 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Imgur Pacman - Page 3 Empty Re: Imgur Pacman

Post by konman96 Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:53 pm

Just posted this on Imgur: https://imgur.com/gallery/JMNYL

I thought it would be fun and also fuel our motivation a bit...

konman96
Admin

https://imgurgames.forumgreek.com

Back to top Go down

Post by johnjoemcbob Tue Mar 12, 2013 7:04 pm

Haha, that's awesome! Well done

Sadly I have two other games to design and build for my university course ( I'm not sure if I said but I'm studying game design! ) that have to be handed in by May, but I should still be able to work on this some Smile

I've got a lot of the basic stuff now, but we could do with someone to write up the story for us ( perhaps you? )

johnjoemcbob

Back to top Go down

Post by Bobrocket Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:38 pm

hey!
sorry for not being active: i'm working on a game that's hopefully hitting the market soon (and thus taking that as priority, i'm afraid!)

i'll try my hardest to actually finish imgur-man, but a better way to keep in contact would be from steam or skype
my usernames are Bobrocket_01 (for both; steam screen name is "Bobrocket, the Omnipresent" and skype is Bobrocket)

otherwise, looking good!
good luck!

Bobrocket

Back to top Go down

Post by konman96 Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:52 am

johnjoemcbob wrote:Haha, that's awesome! Well done

Sadly I have two other games to design and build for my university course ( I'm not sure if I said but I'm studying game design! ) that have to be handed in by May, but I should still be able to work on this some Smile

I've got a lot of the basic stuff now, but we could do with someone to write up the story for us ( perhaps you? )

the trailer didn't go over too well. oh well! What exactly do you want me to do? Expand on the screens with the dialogue you wrote? Do you want me to create them all? Do you want just the text? or the screens? If so what size and resolution? Give me as much info on what you need and I will do my best..

Bobrocket wrote:hey!
sorry for not being active: i'm working on a game that's hopefully hitting the market soon (and thus taking that as priority, i'm afraid!)

i'll try my hardest to actually finish imgur-man, but a better way to keep in contact would be from steam or skype
my usernames are Bobrocket_01 (for both; steam screen name is "Bobrocket, the Omnipresent" and skype is Bobrocket)

otherwise, looking good!
good luck!

Hey man! Let us know when your game hits the shelves! Good luck with that!!! also what's the game called? what's it about?

konman96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by johnjoemcbob Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:29 pm

konman96 wrote:
the trailer didn't go over too well. oh well! What exactly do you want me to do? Expand on the screens with the dialogue you wrote? Do you want me to create them all? Do you want just the text? or the screens? If so what size and resolution? Give me as much info on what you need and I will do my best..

Aye no need to draw them, but if you could try to think up the dialogue for the story that would be awesome. So just like write the story, kind of like a script. Doesn't have to be you, but if you want to go ahead

I was thinking that we could have Tard as the main enemy throughout, but then at the end it is discovered that the Zebra was using mind control on her, something like that?
So every new level will have a bit of dialogue to basically introduce the mini 'boss' for that level, and maybe (if we go with the idea) who the captive is. The dialogue can be between who ever you like, Giraffe doesn't need to be involved, just see what you think.

johnjoemcbob

Back to top Go down

Post by konman96 Thu Mar 14, 2013 5:35 pm

johnjoemcbob wrote:Aye no need to draw them, but if you could try to think up the dialogue for the story that would be awesome. So just like write the story, kind of like a script. Doesn't have to be you, but if you want to go ahead

I was thinking that we could have Tard as the main enemy throughout, but then at the end it is discovered that the Zebra was using mind control on her, something like that?
So every new level will have a bit of dialogue to basically introduce the mini 'boss' for that level, and maybe (if we go with the idea) who the captive is. The dialogue can be between who ever you like, Giraffe doesn't need to be involved, just see what you think.

I'll give it a go when I get some more time. Damn it, work is getting pilled up.

konman96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by johnjoemcbob Thu Mar 14, 2013 8:38 pm

Here's another version for you guys, I added some proper options in place of the instructions and made the story and classic modes separate now

The options, key bindings and story progress all save
Also you can only submit high scores in classic mode

http://rapidshare.com/files/2958382299/pacman_0.6.zip

johnjoemcbob

Back to top Go down

Post by johnjoemcbob Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:52 pm

That's okay, I'll have a go at writing it myself if you're busy. Here are my thoughts so far anyway

Story:

Told from Tard & current mini boss perspective
Each level will have a different 'boss', and the key to winning (eating that boss) will be added to the game after all points are gathered
Zebra will appear at the end as TWIST

Order: - (Darth Maul?)

Bane - Intro
Hannibal - Comment on giraffe eating Bane
Scar - Also a cat
Tard - "If you want something done, do it yourself"
Zebra - Mind control

Intro:

Giraffe represents imgur, always looking at pictures of Tard and obsessing over her
Tard doesn't like that

johnjoemcbob

Back to top Go down

Post by konman96 Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:13 am

Ok, I just spent a good 30 minutes playing the latest version... I got up to hannibal, beat that level after 25 tries and finally saw scar! I lost to him on purpose just to see his screen. By the way, those screens are genius. The fava and Chianti got me laughing out loud!!! However we are faced with a major issue.. The graphics are so small that you can't see the changes between their normal and scared faces. How do we address this? Should I make them change color? Can we make the graphics bigger?

Other than that the gameplay is coming along great, I found no major issues. The ai is really close to the real pacman, and I'm happy with it not being exactly like pacman. It is hard after the first few levels and I guess it's that more satisfactory once you actually win!

About your storyline ideas, I think you're really onto something and I think you should run with it. Just let me know exactly what sprites you need and I will do my best to produce..

You are doing an amazing job man. Really awesome!

konman96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by johnjoemcbob Fri Mar 15, 2013 12:29 pm

konman96 wrote:Ok, I just spent a good 30 minutes playing the latest version... I got up to hannibal, beat that level after 25 tries and finally saw scar! I lost to him on purpose just to see his screen. By the way, those screens are genius. The fava and Chianti got me laughing out loud!!! However we are faced with a major issue.. The graphics are so small that you can't see the changes between their normal and scared faces. How do we address this? Should I make them change color? Can we make the graphics bigger?

Aye I've noticed this too, it's quite bothersome
At the moment I've got them going kind of see through when they are scared but maybe a different colour would be better, otherwise I'll try and find some way to make them bigger

Edit: It's because of the size of the game board, but I'm not sure we want it any smaller to be honest, so maybe some different colours?
https://i.imgur.com/8RyVOpa.png

johnjoemcbob

Back to top Go down

Post by johnjoemcbob Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:33 pm

Right I've done a quick mock up of a zoomed in version with a minimap

I'm really not fond of it, I think it played much better before hand, but let me know what you think please

Also it doesn't really work properly in fullscreen, but I don't want to put too much effort into it just yet

http://rapidshare.com/files/3682751803/pacman_0.6.5.zip

johnjoemcbob

Back to top Go down

Post by konman96 Sat Mar 16, 2013 8:55 am

I only had to play for two minutes before agreeing with you. The other version is much better. I'll just change the colors of the sprites in the surprised faces.. no worries! We use the graphics in the intro screens and text screens anyway so it's all good.. Maybe before introducing a new villain we could have a small intro screen so you would see hannibal zoomed in before you see him as a small ghost, so you don't have to wonder what/who that is...
does that make sense?

konman96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by johnjoemcbob Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:44 am

Aye, that sounds good
I was thinking having the dialogue between Tard and the current miniboss anyway, so for Hannibal's level he would be talking to Tard

That way you get to see what he looks like

johnjoemcbob

Back to top Go down

Post by konman96 Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:48 am

yeah that's great. but even in arcade mode you could have like a mini pop up screen introducing the level's villains and hint about how to beat them (like punchout on nes used to do, i dunno if you've played that)

konman96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by johnjoemcbob Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:11 pm

I see what you mean now. I had meant to take the bosses out of classic mode, but do you think they're better left in?

Anyway here's a look at what it's like so far, I started some dialogue for Scar as the opening to the game
Let me know what you think

http://rapidshare.com/files/1632351406/pacman_0.7.zip

johnjoemcbob

Back to top Go down

Post by konman96 Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:58 am

Sorry it took so long for me too reply, I was out of town!

The game looks great. I love the idea of the special pill appearing when you eat al the green dots. I will design a special one for each boss. Then you eat it and chase him. The dialogue is awesome. The dead thing was a nice twist, you really come up with some nice stuff!!!

About the popup I tried designing what I had in mind. Just so you can get a clear idea.. Imgur Pacman - Page 3 VTkvsqZ

I think this sort of small intro with a one-liner will be pretty cool in the classic mode.. The story mode of course is with the dialogue..

Let me know your thoughts on this!

konman96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by johnjoemcbob Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:12 pm

Ahh I'm with you now aye, it looks really good!
Loving the line as well! I was struggling for Hannibal but this helps a lot
Thanks

johnjoemcbob

Back to top Go down

Post by konman96 Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:43 am

I made a new villain.. Joffrey from Game of Thrones. Also I recolored all the surprised faces for you.. Next I'm going to work on the power up pills.

Imgur Pacman - Page 3 TcJ2GGs
Imgur Pacman - Page 3 S8MtKYl
Imgur Pacman - Page 3 H1hn6z5
Imgur Pacman - Page 3 JXIkRPQ
Imgur Pacman - Page 3 GhBkN8k
Imgur Pacman - Page 3 OVLseiQ
Imgur Pacman - Page 3 KLMKwb5
Imgur Pacman - Page 3 VJDBnkR

konman96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by youcannotignorethemoon Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:02 pm

Haha! Glad to see it's all going well!

Things have been pretty insane at work, so sorry for the lack of progress on a web version. I might get some done next week.

RE: the small graphics: in my version I have the walls narrower and the characters larger than a full grid square:

Imgur Pacman - Page 3 F1ybZ85

Shouldn't be too difficult to do?

youcannotignorethemoon

Back to top Go down

Post by youcannotignorethemoon Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:06 pm

Maze: .png .svg

youcannotignorethemoon

Back to top Go down

Post by konman96 Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:34 pm

Hey man! the graphics look really sharp!! great work, it looks awesome!!!!

konman96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by johnjoemcbob Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:57 am

Auch I even read about someone else doing that and still never though to do it myself, but you're right, thanks

I'll try and get a working copy of this soon, we might not need the different colours Smile

johnjoemcbob

Back to top Go down

Post by konman96 Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:05 pm

johnjoemcbob wrote:Auch I even read about someone else doing that and still never though to do it myself, but you're right, thanks

I'll try and get a working copy of this soon, we might not need the different colours Smile

sounds great!!!! Very Happy

konman96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by konman96 Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:05 pm

So I had an idea, I want to know what you guys think:

Possibly the powerup for the boses can tranform pacmaguraffe like a mario suit..

Here's what I have so far so you get what i mean:

for bane:
Batman
Special Pill:
Imgur Pacman - Page 3 KslhMmw

Suit:
Imgur Pacman - Page 3 BW65sbB
Imgur Pacman - Page 3 QzRwf0b
Imgur Pacman - Page 3 UloWKsc

for darth maul and storm trooper
Jedi
Special Pill:
Imgur Pacman - Page 3 Gx1tgoq
Suit:
Imgur Pacman - Page 3 4JMndrr
Imgur Pacman - Page 3 B9GmpEM
Imgur Pacman - Page 3 HRoo89R

let me know what you guys think...

(only problem I don't what suits to make for all the bosses)

konman96
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by johnjoemcbob Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:49 am

Dude these are amazing, I'd say carry on for the ones you know what to draw
Then we'll try and work out what it should be for the others

I'm a bit busy with coursework and stuff at the moment, so I really haven't been doing much of this I'm afraid
Plus Bioshock Infinite haha

Anyway, great work!

johnjoemcbob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum